Monday, March 12, 2012
At the beach SeXStoRY
Off season on Rehoboth beach in Delaware. After Labor Day the place clears out and a lot of the amenities close down. That’s just fine by me. A few friends and I had rented a place for a week to escape from the craziness of DC for a bit. Most of the week was past. This night was Saturday night and tomorrow we would be driving home. We had gone to the Green Turtle for dinner and planned to stay on and drink for a while. The bar is on the second floor of the building and overlooks the ocean. By the time we finished eating the sun had set and the moon had risen over the ocean. I felt drawn to it so I excused myself and went outside. It was unseasonable warm and so I carried my long coat slung over my shoulder. I turned right along the boardwalk, heading south, and walked until the boardwalk ended. Signs said that the beach was closed after dark but what was the sign going to do to me? It was stuck in the ground; I have legs. I stepped out onto the sand and made my way to within about thirty feet of the ocean and kept on walking. There was not another soul, or body, to be seen. Beyond the strip, there are only houses and condos. Most of the light came from the moon. I walked on until it seemed that the night wouldn’t get any darker. I sat down, wrapped my arms around my knees and watched the reflection of the moon ripple on the water. The sound of the waves gently falling on the beach making made me lose track of time. I didn’t notice her until she sat down next to me. What did she look like? I couldn’t say. She didn’t look at me so I didn’t look at her. But she sat close, pressed right up against the side of me, staring out at the ocean. Time melted away. A soft breeze blew my hair into my face and I brushed it away. She rested her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her and she nestled in a little closer. I don’t know how long we sat there like that. But we sat there until she said, “I guess we should make love now.” It wasn’t a question, just a statement. As if it was inevitable and we had finally reached that time. “O.K.,” I answered. I spread my jacket out on the sand. We took our clothes off. She lay on the jacket, and drew me down on top of her. It was the gentlest, most loving union I had ever experienced. A friend of mine once said that love at first sight is the strongest emotion there is. Our lovemaking was the epitome of this. The sound of the waves guided the rhythm of our bodies. And when we were finished she lay with her head on my chest and her arm wrapped around me. I stroked her hair in time with the waves. The breeze caressed our bodies like covering us with a blanket. “Are you an angel?” I asked her. “Yes,” she replied with a smile. We lay there until it was over, then we put our clothes on. I sat back down on the sand, leaning back on my hands. She remained standing. “Are you going to fly away?” I asked. “I thought I’d walk.” And she did. I drew my knees up once more and wrapped my arms around them again. I don’t know how long I sat there, but, I got up when the moon told me I had been there long enough. She wasn’t anywhere in sight when I started to walk back. I didn’t look around for her, I knew she was gone. The moment had reached its end. When I got back to the Green Turtle my friends were already d***k. Jasper asked me where I had been. “Making love to the ocean,” I told him. He just laughed and handed me a glass of chardonnay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.